Cambrai Tank 1917
Ville de Cambrai
CAMBRAI TANK 1917
Interpretation Centre for the battle of Cambrai
This museum has been designed and built around its treasure : Deborah, a First World War tank.
The tank was found in near mint condition in the battlefield in 1998 by a war history enthusiast : Philippe Gorczynski.
Deborah is a unique witness of the Great War of which the museum tells the story.
Lots of audiovisuals, made by Drôle de Trame, give a context to this discovery :
- Prologue, the Battle of Cambrai : big circular projection on a table, made of animated cartography and archives, 10mn length.
- The discovery of Deborah : documentary made of archives and drone footage about the story of Deborah's discovery, with an interview of its finder Philippe Gorczynski, and one of the archeologist who took part in the dig : Yves Desfossés.
- Cambrai, a land scarred by the great War : a documentary looking for the still visible traces of the war : blockhaus, trenches, memorial or military cemeteries ...
- The Mark IV tanks and their characteristics : Interactive multimedia about english tanks.
- Tanks in action, what became of the captured ones : slide show made of archives and texts.
- Tankmen testimonies : soundtrack of soldiers'stories.